Wednesday 11 February 2009

Congratulations to Beckham on his 108th Cap

Congratulations go to David Beckham on his 108th Cap for England, equalling Bobby Moore's record. England were unable to find an answer to an in-form Spanish side, losing 2-0 in the international friendly at Seville.

When asked after the match what it meant to him, Beckham said, "I think I've always said that I'd be honoured to be up there with the likes of ... Bobby Moore and I'm very honoured with that but the more important thing is the game and we lost tonight so we're disappointed but of course I'm honoured, yes."

The reporter then asked Beckham what his secret was in lasting so long in the game, to which Beckham replied, "I don't know, I've always worked hard at my game and always worked hard at what I enjoy doing, and I've had some great managers that have had faith in me along the way, and I'm enjoying my football ... as long as I'm enjoying my football ... as long as I'm enjoying myself and keeping fit it's what I love doing so I hope it continues."

No comments: