Sunday 14 June 2009

Andy Murray Wins at Queen's

Congratulations to Andy Murray who has won the Aegon Championships at Queen's Club. Andy has become the first British Winner at Queen's in 71 years. Andy beat James Blake 7-5, 6-4 and didn't drop a set in the whole tournament. In his post-match interview James Blake said of Andy, "He's a great player ... hopefully we'll meet again in a final in a few weeks time". After the match Andy commented, "I thought is was a good match, not so many long rallies, but James is a very tough player, we've only played once before so I didn't know quite what to expect ... I had some of the best tennis I've ever played in my life, so I just had a good week."

Fortunately tennis fans won't have long to wait to see Murray in action again, as Wimbledon 2009 starts on Monday 22nd June.

No comments: